Following a major fire at Forest Gate Police Station in Forest Gate, we have summarised all we know so far about the incident. 

The building in Romford Road went up in flames yesterday evening (March 6), with the fire first reported at around 4.15pm. 

Sixty people were evacuated from the building.

Newham Recorder: The roof of the station was badly damaged in the fireThe roof of the station was badly damaged in the fire (Image: Olivia Carter)No one was reported to have sustained injuries. 

RELATED: Police 'severely affected' by devastating fire

Around 175 firefighters were dispatched to the building to extinguish the fire and worked through the evening and into the morning to put it out. 

It was reported to be under control by 11pm, however firefighters were seen hosing the roof down still between 9.25am and 10am this morning. 

The cause of the fire has not been confirmed, but an investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the major incident. 

Newham Recorder: Police have blocked off the roadPolice have blocked off the road (Image: Olivia Carter)Police are not treating the fire as suspicious. 

Romford Road and surrounding side roads have been blocked by police and according to the AA, blockages on nearby residential roads have expanded to include more. 

RELATED: Huge police station fire 'not being treated as suspicious'

We spoke with an officer on duty at the scene of the fire this morning who advised the road closure is likely to last all day. 

Supt Dan Card reiterated today that local people would not see an effect on the service they provide in the wake of the fire. 

Newham Recorder: The roof was still being hosed down this morningThe roof was still being hosed down this morning (Image: Olivia Carter)He said: "Our local teams will continue to serve the community in the usual way and there will be no reduction in the service we deliver."

Despite this, reports have been made that officers from the station have been "severely affected".

RELATED: 'It's very sad': Passers-by react to police station blaze

Forest Gate based officers will be temporarily relocated to work from alternative buildings in Newham and the front counter at Stratford Police Station will be reopened to the public.

Newham Recorder: Multiple fire engines were on scene stillMultiple fire engines were on scene still (Image: Olivia Carter)The Met said equipment and uninform were lost in the fire, but all police vehicles were recovered. 

Commander Kyle Gordon, overseeing the recovery operation, described it as a "difficult night" for police. 

RELATED: RECAP: Huge police station fire aftermath - road closures continue

One passer-by we spoke to, Fatima Essan described the fire as "very sad". 

Fatima added: "Everything is bad but praying to God, hoping that everything will be fine.”

Newham Recorder: Multiple side roads were blocked offMultiple side roads were blocked off (Image: Olivia Carter)Another passer-by, Narween Atwal, said he found out about the fire on Instagram.

He said: “People are facing some struggle right now like myself, it’s taken me 30 to 40 minutes to get to work.

"It’s inconvenient but the most important thing is to save the people. The firefighters are very hardworking and they are working since yesterday night.”

Police and fire fighters were seen resting in nearby vehicles after the long night.