Leyton Orient earned the Boxing Day bragging rights in their London derby with Charlton Athletic thanks to an 80th-minute goal from Omar Beckles.

O's had conceded three times inside 10 minutes at Bolton on Saturday, before fighting back in the second half with a pair of goals in a 3-2 loss.

And Rob Hunt did well to deny Charlton a first-minute chance, before Shaq Forde fired over from a Theo Archibald corner.

Sol Brynn got down well to his left to save a low shot from Chem Campbell on 19 minutes, before Dan Happe denied the same player with a big block.

Brynn also saved from Scott Fraser, before O's produced a good move on the left which saw Archibald cross for Ruel Sotiriou, who touched the ball on for Beckles before an offside flag was raised.

Forde showed positive intent when trying to take on Tayo Edun and was just beaten to the ball by Ashley Maynard-Brewer after Darren Pratley had flicked on.

And Forde's quick throw found Ethan Galbraith to fire goalwards from 20 yards towards the end of the half, with Maynard-Brewer holding onto the ball.

Happe was booked for a foul on Corey Blackett-Taylor after the restart, with Galbraith seeing a dangerous cross put behind by a Charlton defender after being found by Archibald's switch pass just before the hour mark.

Hunt had his name taken soon after, with Tom James seeing a deflected shot well saved by Maynard-Brewer midway through the second half.

James became the third O's player to be shown a yellow card for a foul on Edun, but then made way for Jordan Brown after picking up a knock.

And Beckles was next to fall foul of the referee for a bad challenge on Daniel Kanu, before Dan Agyei was sent on in place of Galbraith in the second O's switch.

O's made the breakthrough 10 minutes from time, though, as Agyei did superbly to get to the byline and cut the ball back for Beckles, who swept home from 10 yards.

Maynard-Brewer denied Sotiriou a second goal from point-blank range moments later, before Archibald received the fifth booking of the day for the hosts.

And Brynn produced a great save to keep out a low shot from Blackett-Taylor three minutes from time, before Agyei skipped clear of his marker and saw a shot deflected wide.

George Dobson had penalty claims turned down in the second minute of stoppage time, and was booked for his protests, before Kanu was penalised for dragging down Happe and O's used the free-kick to take more time off the clock.

Leyton Orient: Brynn, James (Brown 70), Happe, Sotiriou, Archibald, El Mizouni (Sanders 85), Forde, Pratley, Beckles, Galbraith (Agyei 78), Hunt. Unused subs: Howes, Turns, Pigott, Moncur.